"I'm having a ball. Scrapping and yelling and mixing it up. Loving every minute with this damn crew." ~Royal Tenenbaum (The Royal Tenenbaums)

Sunday, January 10, 2010

My precious first born baby boy

I am so glad I started this blog, because I would be devastated to lose the moment I had with Caelan last night.

Since he was about 3 months old, I've been singing him Ingrid Michaelson's "The Way I Am." It became "his song." For some reason, though, over the last few months, I haven't been singing it to him as much... just the craziness of life, I guess. I haven't been singing as much in general, and when I do sing, I tend to sing regular kid songs, like Twinkle Twinkle and Ants Go Marching. But last night, as I was rocking him in the chair in the living room, I realized he wasn't really ready to go to sleep yet. I pulled him into a hug and sang him "The Way I Am." When I was done, he asked for more "Way I Am," then after I sang it a second time, he wanted it again. At one point, he looked up into my eyes and, in his little angel voice, whispered "Again, Mommy? Again and again and again?" I almost cried on the spot. I love that he loves that song. I love that he loves me singing to him. I love him SO SO SO much.

Teensy Caelou with Mommy...
From Caelan - First month


Big boy Caelou with Mommy...
From Caelan Louis - Twenty Sixth Month

'Cause I love you more than I could ever promise... and you take me the way I am.

1 comment:

  1. This absolutely melts my heart. Chrissy, you are such a beautiful and wonderful mother!

    ReplyDelete